General Knowledge Pub Quiz
Another brain training round of quick fire, multiple choice, pub quiz questions with answers. It also includes the occasional interesting fact to amaze your friends and influence important people, such as your boss or bank manager. Or maybe just have some fun with our latest trivia quiz. Good luck and don’t forget to share your genius with your friends!
1. Which country has the most pyramids in the world?
Although everyone instantly thinks of Egypt when pyramids get a mention, Sudan has the most with 220 of them!
2. When measured by surface area, what is the largest freshwater lake in the world?
Lake Superior is largest by surface area, The Caspian Sea is bigger but is not a freshwater lake and Lake Baikal is the largest freshwater lake by volume as well as the deepest. Lake Victoria is the largest in Africa.
3. The television series 'Game of Thrones' is based on which series of novels?
George R. R. Martin has managed to produce one of the most successful series of fantasy novels ever!
4. Who said "An empty stomach is not a good political advisor"?
Not the answer many people would have thought, but Albert Einstein was a very clever chap on many levels!
5. In which year did the Rolling Stones release their first album?
After much thought and head scratching they decided to call their first album "The Rolling Stones"
6. After the Bible, what is regarded as being the most translated book in the world?
To give it its full title: The Ingenious Gentleman Sir Quixote of La Mancha
7. Which U. S. city did Raymond Chandler describe as "having all the personality of a paper cup"?
That's quite a generous description really
8. What is a greylag?
A greylag is a type of goose
In the United Kingdom, where would you find the Woolsack?
It is a seat used by the Lord Speaker in the House of Lords
Which of the following are her favourite things?
From the lyrics of song "My Favorite Things", sung by Julie Andrews in the movie "The Sound of Music"
Share your Results: