General Knowledge Trivia Quiz
Get your brain into gear and test your general knowledge trivia skills with our pub quiz style questions. Are you smart enough to beat our quizmasters? Are you brave enough to share your results with the world and challenge your friends? Have a go with our quick-fire general knowledge questions:
1. Scurvy is a disease which is caused by lack of which vitamin?
Fresh fruit and vegetables are the best way to prevent scurvy. Sailors often used to suck on limes to keep up their vitamin C levels.
2. Mallorca is the largest island of which group of Spanish islands in the western Mediterranean?
Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands, is one of Europe's most popular holiday destinations.
3. Who of the following briefly worked as a grave digger before finding fame?
Rod Stewart worked at Highgate Cemetery in London and mainly marked out plots rather than much in the way of actual digging.
4. In the game of badminton, a feather shuttlecock has how many feathers?
Feather shuttlecocks are quite expensive and easily broken, so most people use shuttlecocks with a plastic skirt these days.
5. In mathematics, what is the name for an angle of more than 90 and less than 180 degrees?
How many of you remember that the sum of the interior angles of a triangle always add to 180 degrees?
6. Which author wrote the 1972 thriller novel 'The Odessa File'?
Frederick Forsyth is one of the most successful ever thrillers writers. His first novel was the hugely popular 'The Day of The Jackal'
What is a Scottish Fold?
It's a type of cat with cute folded up ears, hence the name!
What was the destination of the 'First Fleet', which set sail from Portsmouth, England in 1787?
The thirteen ships of the First Fleet established the penal colony in Australia
In the Chinese zodiac, 2019 is the year of the... what?
Luckily I was born in the year of the happy unicorn!
10. When did the Hundred Years War start?
The hundred years war was a long running squabble between England and France
Share your Results: