General Knowledge Quiz
Warm up those grey cells and help get your brain into gear with our general knowledge quiz. Ten quick fire pub quiz style trivia questions to get you going. How much do you think you know? Bet you fan’t get 100% in this fun test complete with answers and interesting facts!
1. Which composer wrote the two act opera 'Death in Venice'?
This was the last opera by Benjamin Britten and was based on the short novel of the same name by Thomas Mann
2. Who said "When down in the mouth, remember Jonah, he came out alright"?
Although he was a little on the bleached side as we recall, just saying...
3. Who was King of England in the year 1057?
Edward the Confessor was King of England from 8th June 1042 until 5 January 1066, a total of 23 years and 212 days. He was succeeded by Harold Godwinson, who didn't last quite as long!
4. In which year did the Falklands War between the United Kingdom and Argentina take place?
Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in an effort to increase its popularity. A plan which backfired spectacularly.
5. What is Johannes Gutenberg commonly credited with inventing?
Although wooden block and moveable type printing were known in Asia centuries before, Gutenberg produced the first modern printing press.
6. What star sign are people born on 1st April?
Sadly there is no star sign for the fool!
7. Zenyatta Mondatta was a platinum album by which band?
Zenyatta Mondatta was released in October 1980 and was the third album by The Police
8. Which English football team plays at Falmer Stadium?
Falmer Stadium is also known for advertising purposes as the American Express Community Stadium
The American actor DeForest Kelley is probably most famous for playing which character?
DeForest Kelley played Leonard McCoy "Bones" in the original Star Trek series
Which of the following cities is the capital of Senegal?
Senegal in West Africa covers an area of 197,000 square kilometres and has a population of around 15 million
Share your Results: